Pages


Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New Character

So I'm starting a new character.  I didn't really have the desire to play Jade any more since she beat the main quest, plus for a while now I've been wanting to try playing a darker character.

My new heroine then (since the only man I ever play is an imperial 'andre the giant') is Ravenna Polk (not her real last name, she changed it to protect her family and herself), dark elf from Morrowind.  She's actually based on a character from a novel I'm trying to finish writing.  In both my book and for Skyrim Ravenna was cast out of her family and her country when she torched her parents estate to the ground while practicing necromantic rituals.  Her family was unaware of the fact that their daughter was in the process of studying necromancy or they surely would have killed her.  Unlike some Dunmer who are fine with the idea of raising the dead, Ravenna's parents found it a disgusting, sinful crime.  She was exported to Cyrodiil where she began tried to begin her studies anew, but found it too dificult in the tight laced country...so she decided to cross the border to Skyrim...da da da dum.

So I've never succesfully played a mage character before, so this should be interesting we'll see how far I get.  Oh!  And I forgot to mention two things about Ravenna.  One:  the fire left her blind, her other senses are very keen however, especially her sense of hearing, so she can still operate very effectively in stealth combat situations, and one on one, however group fights with with steel she has little choice but to run from. (hence why she is a mage)  She also cannot use a bow and arrow...should make the dragon slaying interesting...work on that ranged magic!  Secondly:  In the explosion that destroyed her home she was attempting to learn how the body and soul are seperated at death, and how it is that the soul never really seems to die, only the body.  Somehow in the process she partially seperated her own soul and body, which had the result of making her almost immortal...her body can be killed, but her soul is capable of reincarnating her body becuase of the fact that it is no longer trapped inside of it.  (it makes a lot more sense in my book, I explain better :)  Basically though her soul brings her back to wherever the last F5 was :D

On another note my kitty got declawed today and she wants me to tell everyone out their suffering from rare tropical diseases that it could be a lot worse.



Off to Skyriming!

No comments:

Post a Comment