Pages


Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fredas, 3:35 PM, 31st of Morning Star



Marcurio came back several days ago, he says he was worried I wouldn't be able to fend for myself, but I think he actually missed me.  Either way it was an awkward greeting, he happened to arrive just as I had finished addressing a group of mages, the mages here do not know him as my lover, I had told them he was just a sword-for-hire.  So when came up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders I'm sure the mage's were all confused.  I was a bit too, as I hadn't really expected him to come back.  I am so very glad he did though.  I'd been staying in my small room in the students hall up until that point, but with him back, we have officially moved into the Archmage's quarters.

Of course Marcurio wanted to hear the whole story about how I became Archmage.  It was not half so complicated as he thought however, seeing as the Psijic order practically babysat all of us through the ordeal.    The eye of Magnus, that monstrous powerful artifact that Tolfdir had brought back from Saarthal turned out to be even more powerful than we had expected.  It succeeded in catching the attention of the Thalmor, specifically the weasilly Anacano who had been hanging around the college, claiming to be an 'adviser'.  Anacano attempted to tap the power of the Eye, I'm still not sure why, perhaps he thought he could actually control it, perhaps he was just so weak minded the eye gained control of his mind.  Either way he put our college, and the entire city in grave danger, summoning spectral creatures from outside mundus when he attempted to tap the power of the Eye.

In order to gain access to him, so that I could defeat him I needed to get Magnus's staff, a powerful artifact held in Labrynthian, put their by Shalidor himself.  Trust me when I say that I got on a horse and I rode through the night as fast as the poor beast could go to get to Labrynthian.  When I got to the ruin I continued to run, making no attempt at stealth.  I doubt anyone has cleared a ruin that quickly in the history of Skyrim itself!



After acquiring the staff it was a simple matter of taking down the magical barrier and killing Anacano once and for all.  After that ordeal I was named Archmage, seeing as both the former Archmage, and his assistant had been slain in the scuffles.

I am helping a fellow mage with a Dwemer inquiry he is working on at the moment, I am fascinated by the Dwemer as well, so I hope that our experimentations work out!


No comments:

Post a Comment