Pages


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Morndas, 2:12 AM, 30th of Evening Star

The guild has been good to me, better, in fact than I could have ever expected.  My bounty is paid off and I am once again welcome in all the towns throughout the Rift.  After running several mindless jobs for the guild it came to our attention that there was definiteley someone trying to take us out.  I investigated of course, and, after traveling to Solitude and forcing the truth out of a certain Argonian there, discovered that it was a Dunmer by the name of Karliah who was so intent on making our guild suffer.  Mercer Frey, the guild-master told me that this Karliah was a murderer who had killed Gallus, the previous leader of the Thieves Guild.  It turned out however that he was only covering for his own past.  After recovering and decoding Gallus's journal it was plain to all of us that Mercer was the one who had really killed Gallus.  Unfortunately Mercer has since disappeared and we are at a loss to locate him.  Brynjolf suggested that he may be intending to try to steal the eyes of the Falmer since he made off with many maps and notes relating to them.  Stealing the eyes had apparently been Gallus's last big heist he had planned before Frey murdered him.  If that is so then we must move quickly, those eyes are worth a fortune, and it is doubtful anyone will ever hear from Mercer Frey again if he succeeds in recovering them.

Karliah had Brynjolf and I inducted as Nightingales.  Marcurio 'just happened' to disappear as we were speaking to her about the induction.  I swear that man is more afraid of commitment than wealthy seadog...he has however tried many times to make a move on me as we traveled together.  I've shut him down hard every time.  Perhaps I'm being stubborn about it, but I still miss Erandur and am not ready to enter into a meaningless relationship with a crazy destruction mage no matter how suave and intelligent he may be.

While travelling back from Markarth we decided to swing up to Saarthal since I had finally gotten the mages permission to investigate the ruins in my search for the last piece of the Gauldur amulet.  We found it, deep in the ruins along with a very curious orb.  Tolfdir, the mage who had accompanied us into the ruins asked that we tell the Arch-mage of our discovery.  I did, but other than that I have not done anything else in regards to it, matters with the theives guild are too pressing at the moment.  I did however decide to take time to reforge the Gauldur amulet.  It is indeed a powerful item.  I intend to keep it secret and safe until I have a time to study it further.










No comments:

Post a Comment