Pages


Thursday, February 28, 2013

Fredas, 7:24 AM, 3rd of Morning Star

I spent the night at CandleHearth hall in Windhelm.  I plan on setting out for Riften in an hour or two to inform Brynjolf that the Skeleton key which Mercer Frey stole from Nocturnal's Sanctuary has been replaced.  The Pilgrim's Path is what they called the route I had to take to arrive safely at the inner sanctum.  It was no easy route, although meeting the ghost of Gallus at the entrance of the temple certainly helped.  He was able to give me a few hints, the most helpful was in pointing me in the direction of a certain long deceased adventurer who had a diary on him that Marcurio was able to read.  It detailed the four challenges of the Pilgrims Path, or at least had cryptic notes on them.  It was sufficient however.  The first challenge was simple: defeat the guardians of the temple.  We managed to take every one of the ghostly figures out silently and quickly.  The next was similarly simple, once we deciphered the notes: avoid the light.  Marcurio helped to guide me as we traversed from shadow to shadow, staying out of the rays of the burning light.  The third followed along the same principles: Plunge the temple into darkness.  We doused the lights and a doorway opened for us.  The final challenge was the only one either of us had any real trouble with.  The dead adventurer's notes had spoke of carrying on, but when we arrived at what appeared to be a very solid brick wall marking a dead end 'carrying on' seemed difficult to do.  We stood and perplexed over just how to carry on for nearly an hour before Marcurio had a stroke of dumb luck.  In frustration he hurled himself at the wall.  Amazingly it worked, the wall vanished and we were transported to the inner sanctum of Nocturnal.

The Daedric Prince herself appeared then and spoke to us.  Although she held a rather condescending tone, I am sure that she was pleased with our efforts in returning the skeleton key to her sepulcher.  She granted me any of the powers that Nightingales could posses.  I chose the Shadows, as the other two had limited use to me with my lack of vision.

I finally caved and slept with Marcurio last night.  It's been months since my last encounter of such nature, and it reminded me how much I miss it.  Perhaps it's not such a horrible mistake.  I was rather expecting him to be flaunting his victory today, but he hasn't even mentioned it, which is to my liking.  He also is not acting any different towards me, something else I was afraid of.  I hate to think that he views me as just another woman to mark on his apparently ever growing tally.  According to him he tries to woo a different woman every time we stop in a major city, I find that rather disgusting, but to each his own.





No comments:

Post a Comment