Pages


Wednesday, January 23, 2013

January 23, 17:53, 2012

Spent a good portion of last night and some of this morning trying to repair Skyrim...not sure what caused it, I think it may have been me making one too many additions to skyrimprefs.ini, but whatever it was I started getting weird stretching textures obstructing my vision, and strange checkerboard textures on certain objects.  Finally had to re-install it late last night, and re-install mods this morning.  I think I'm in the clear, I (of course) had all my save double backed up after I lost my last character due to overmodding, so I was able to get Ravenna back up and running...I also got to see her without Calientes body mod on *shivers* she's...so...ugly!  I just love that body mod, highly recommend it to any one.  Now that I've got all of my mods playing nicely together again, I thought I might as well upload a screenie in case any one is wondering.  I mostly play with gameplay/environment/texture mods, I don't really use any armor mods or mods that add locations/quests, as Skyrim is already plenty big enough for me.  You'll also notice that I don't have apachiiskyhair installed right now, though it's downloaded...well Ravenna is bald, and Apachii sky hair, though a beautiful, amazing mod that I highly recommend to characters with hair, is also a huge mod, so I left it off this play through just to speed up the loading times a little maybe..  I figure if I'm not currently running with it, might as well not load it every time I start the game.  Also, I'm running a 32 bit PAE patched system, so I had to manually initialize better armors and weapons, but they are initialized, it just doesn't show it on the main screen.

As you can see I have several, around 75 I think, I've cut back a lot since my oblivion days when I had around 200 and the frikken thing crashed about every five minutes...By far my favorite is SMIM, I feel so bad for the PS and Xbox players who can't befit from Brumbek's work, this mod is amazing!  Also FXAA injector is awesome for setting the mood, I just use preset one, because I don't think skyrim is supposed to be as warm as some of the other ones, and I don't feel like messing with it any more than that. :)

On another note...signed up for the beta this morning! By the eight I hope I get in! (loyal citizen of the empire speaking)

I'm considering getting a killable children mod just so I can get rid of Braith...


No comments:

Post a Comment