Pages


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Night, Two days later




I have left Morthal, after slaying that woman who was, as I assumed, an undead.  The Jarl rewarded me handsomely, however I have already spent most of it in supplies and spell tomes.  I also took down a giant for a 100 gold reward, I'm not sure it was worth it, it was one of the hairiest fights I have ever been through. However spending the night in the giant's well sheltered, very warm and cozy camp was enjoyable, as was the mammoth cheese I gorged myself on.

I went to Whiterun today, things were all in an uproar, everyone talking about dragons.  I laughed at them, I haven't seen one since Helgen.  But then my laugh came back and slapped me in the face as a dragon appeared from nowhere and burned the Whiterun western watchtower to the ground.  The Jarl sent a couple of his best man to take it down, and asked me to accompany them.  I did, not because I had any desire of tangling with another dragon, but because I still desperately need coin, and for some reason I would rather fight a flying, fire breathing creature than another giant.

When this dragon fell, which it of course did, the most interesting thing happened.  Namely, I absorbed it's soul.  What kind of arcane, Nordic magic is this?  I shouted, in the Nordic tongue without any knowledge of it.  I suddenly felt myself imbued with a power unlike any I have ever felt before.  I must learn more, I must!  They say that the Greybeards are hermits who live high on a mountain and can teach me more.  Perhaps I will take a respite from my wanderings and travel to High Hrothgar to learn from these ancient hermits.  I must feel that power again!

No comments:

Post a Comment