Pages


Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tirdas, 1:52 AM, 2nd of Heartfire

I finally got rid of that damned dog!  Although I must admit that he helped me out in several fights, including one that I did not anticipate against a highly powerful undead mage/conjurer by the name of Volsung.  I recovered a unique face-plate from his remains, it seems incredibly powerful, however I do not know what I will do with it yet.  I do not fully understand it's power, which makes me both hesitant to sell it and also hesitant to wear it!

Barbas, as I mentioned, has gone back to his owner.  The damned Daedra tried to make me slay the dog with his rueful ax  but I'd seen it fight, it was no mere pup, it was a god's minion, and I had no desire to be made a fool of so I refused.  The Daedra didn't seem to upset, and the dog is now back at his side.

On my way out of Hermaeus Mora's dreadful shrine I saw a dust covered book lying neglected on a cluttered shelf.  On an impulse I reached out for it, inside was detailed the story of Gauldur, and his powerful amulet.  Seeing as the tomb mentioned in the tome was close I decided to stop by.  It proved to be an excellent idea.  After navigating the dead adventurers who had cleared most of the tomb for me, I had but to dispose of the undead specter of the son of Gauldur before holding in my hand an actual fragment of the Gauldur amulet.  Now I must find the other two.  I am obsessed with the thought, what arcane power this amulet must hold!

I am currently at Morthal, after returning from the crypt.  I will rest here tonight, sell off what I can tomorrow, and then venture to the next tomb.  There is a strange woman patrolling the tavern, I tried to speak to her by she shook me off bluntly.  Her name is Alva, apparently she was involved with a man who some say killed his own wife and child to be with her.  Something about her isn't right.  I will sleep with one eye open, I feel an evil aura about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment