Pages


Monday, January 7, 2013

Middas, 8:43 PM, 27th of last seed

I found the dog which Lod, the blacksmith had spoken of, and so far he has led me on a wild, coin less goose chase.  Apparently the dog has is or is possessed by the spirit of Barbas, the companion of clavicus vile.  They had some sort of falling out and the dog requested my aid in reparing the relationship in return for a reward.  I agreed.  We went to the shrine of Clavicus Vile which was several miles away...and infested with vampires.  After clearing it of the vile creatures I finally found the shrine itself and held an audience with Clavicus.  The daedra refused to accept the dog back until I fetch an axe of mythic power for him he called the rueful axe.  Unfortunately for me that axe is located on the other side of Skyrim.  So I'm on my way, Barbas is accompanying me, I actually don't mind him that much when he's quiet, he's a decent fighter.  I just hope this all pays off in the end.  I'm spending the night at Rorikstead, the innkeeper mentioned a bounty for a bandit leader nearby so I intend to eliminate that threat before leaving the area, and while I still have Barbas's help.

I had a somewhat pleasant run-in with a young man named Erik who happens to be the son of the innkeeper here, as a matter of fact he just left my room.  He approached me shortly after i entered the inn, probably after seeing my adventurers gear, and asked me if I could talk to his father about allowing him to venture outside of Rorikstead himself instead of staying as a farmer.  For some reason I said yes, and spoke to the innkeeper again.  At first the old man was hesitant, but on an impulse i offered him most of the gold I had and told him to give it to his son to allow him to buy some armor.  I don't know why i did it but the innkeeper accepted gratefully and he must have talked to his son immediately after for he came into my room hesitantly while I was eating my overcooked chicken breast, tangy eider cheese, amazing black briar mead and thanked me.  He was a very nice young man, I don't suppose he'll survive long in the wilderness, although I suppose many would say that about me too and I've been doing alright.  I haven't slept with anyone since my banishment, it was an odd yet somewhat pleasant feeling, the warm touch of a Nord is so different than that of a  dunmer.  I suppose I should have told him he will never see me again, but for some reason i didn't.  perhaps I feel guilty, almost as if I owe him instead of vice versa, mainly because he helped pull a rambling drunk named Sam off of me in the main room of the inn.  The damned imperial wanted me to participate in a drinking game with him and got quite disturbed when I turned him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment