Pages


Monday, January 21, 2013

Morndas, 5:04 AM, 15th of Heartfire

Cleared out a Forsworn camp and a mine infested with Draugr yesterday.  In fact I spent an uneasy night sleeping in the forsworn camp.  I have a feeling they have tunnels which lead underground somewhere near here and it was rather a barter of whether or not I'd make it through the night uninterrupted   But I hoped that I might have scared them enough by killing around twelve, including two rather powerful mages of their party that they would let me be.  I am not going to tempt fate any longer however, and am on my way...my way to find Red Eagle's sword...if it is even out there somewhere any more.  It must be though, when i first read about it in a dust old tome I knew immediately that it still existed.  I will find it, and it will bring my fame and wealth.

Heimsker, or whatever that damned 'priest' of Talos called himself is dead.  I killed him.  He was so blasted annoying that I guess the dagger practically leapt from my hand to his throat.  The best part is I did it in silence in the middle of the night and not a sole in Whiterun noticed.  I'm pretty sure none of them are going to miss him either.  Did I mention he was damned annoying?



On a different note...I had a strange moment of empathy yesterday morning when I was preparing to leave Whiterun.  The little girl who I had been somewhat caring for ran up to me and would not let go of me.  She quite literally wrapped her arms around my rough leather armor and clung on for dear life.  I was in a conundrum.  If I were to shove her off and continue out of Whiterun all of my hard work to bring myself fame in that city would have been lost.  And besides there was a little part of my that truly felt sorry for the parent-less  unloved child.  I understood what it was like to have your parents reject you all too well.  As a child that feeling of empty bitterness must be even greater than it is for me as an adult.  I couldn't leave her like that, so I did something very rash.  I took all of the gold I'd been saving to set up a well equipped lair somewhere outside of town and purchased Breezehome.  I had the steward order in some unassuming furnishings for the little girls room, and I gave Hulda a key.  I told this little girl that she should live in the home, and I would come back to see her soon.  I cannot believe it, I have not a coin to my name anymore, but I have a child in Whiterun calling me 'mommy' me, a woman who summons Daedra from oblivion to fight in her name and carves open forsworn for their hearts.  But in some strange way I also feel an aura of peace, I know I did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment