Pages


Saturday, January 19, 2013

Tirdas, 12:16 PM, 9th of Heartfire

Well, it seems my plans to see the Greybeards have been postponed for awhile.  The dragon attacks have suddenly become much more prevalent  and I am needed in Whiterun at the moment to help protect the city and ready it for another attack.  Although I am still absorbing souls, I have not been able to shout any other words other than 'FUS' which seems to be some kind of wind/forceful shove attack.  I wish I understood this strange ability better.  Once I have assisted Whiterun to the best of my abilities i will go to the graybeards, that I promise.

One of the tasks I took upon myself to complete was restoring the Eldergleam tree which grows in Whiterun's main square.  I do not know how much this tree actually protects Whiterun's citizens, but I know that it is a huge mental relief to them to have it restored.  Or at least in the process of being restored.  It is obviously not an overnight process.  To restore the tree I had to travel to a precipice where a Hagraven lived, kill her and then take a dagger she possessed and harvest sap from the Sanguinary of Kynereth.  Besides the spriggans which attacked, it was a relatively easy task.

Yesterday my time was occupied with killing off some redguard mercenary's who were stalking a Hammerfel noble woman, I'm not sure who was in the right or the wrong, but the woman gave me 500 coins, so I'm not complaining.  She also works at the Bannered Mare where I've been staying, so I figured it was a good idea to keep her my friend.

Tomorrow I am going to Valtheim keep a little ways out of town to search for a man named Amren's family sword.  he wished to join the legion but feels unable without his weapon.  He also promised a reward.  Soon I will have enough gold to actually put a house on that plot of land I was granted by Falkreath.  At least at this rate.  I also picked up another bounty to kill another giant in the same general area as Valtheim towers.  I figure I'll do both tomorrow.  For the rest of today though I intend to just wander the streets of Whiterun, looking for either trouble or information or gold or perhaps all three.  I don't really feel like doing anything else much useful.  I think I may get lunch in the town square today, it smells delicious, I am feeling a bit peckish.  It is so beautiful out today.  The wind is blowing gently, everywhere feels fresh and alive and the smells of fresh baked bread, produce, and savory meats is wafting past me.  I could almost say that my bitter memories of my homeland are not in the forefront of my mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment