Pages


Monday, January 21, 2013

Tirdas, 8:40 PM, 16th of Heartfire

Back at Breezehome, but not for long.  This last week only reminded me that my place is in the wild, free and unhindered from societies petty squabbles.

I found Red Eagles sword, and sent the forsworn prince back to his grave, this time, hopefully, permanently  I do not know what I am going to do with the sword.  Perhaps I will mount it in my Breezehome house.  But that only gives thieves an excuse to break in.  Although so far Whiterun's only 'thieves' seem to run Belethor's general goods, and I'm none too concerned about that scrawny imperial breaking into my home.  Lucia could take that man.

Yes, Lucia, that is what I guess she wants to be called.  When I first spoke to her she refused to give me her name, but now, finally, when I returned to Whiterun a few hours ago she ran up to me and told me she was named Lucia.  It's a decent name for a little Nord girl I guess.  This whole 'mamma' thing though is still disturbing me.  I am no one's mother...but I haven't the heart to tell her, and I doubt she'd understand my reasons anyways.  She is very young, but neither of us know how young.  I think I will buy her a new dress from the market tomorrow before I set out again, perhaps she'd like that, her current gown is very dirty.

After I had finished dealing with Red Eagle, I decided to go a little further West and speak with the Imperials about Thorald Grey-Mane.  I arrived at the fort his family had spoken of, only to find it guarded heavily by vile Altmer.  They attacked me on sight, I had no choice but to fight.  And it was a glorious battle.  For the first time I used my new shouting power in battle.  It was amazing, "FUS" and they all staggered backwards, as if hit by some mighty spell.  With the assistance of my summoned minions we made short work of most of the guards  the only ones who gave us much trouble were a few odd mages, but they were also dealt with quickly, just messier.

Thorald was alive, I freed him, and he left me outside of the fort, saying truthfully that Whiterun was not safe for either him or his brother anymore.  I intend to warn his brother in the morning, hopefully I traveled faster than word of Thorald's escape did.  I don't think their were any survivors, so I have a chance that the Imperials didn't find out about the forts sacking for a day or two.  However I traveled on foot, so I may have been slower than their well equipped courier on horseback.  I have found it is very difficult for a blind mage to ride a horse effectively...

While wandering in the frigid area near the fort I found a small boat tied up at a half sunken pier.  Out of curiosity I stepped into it, to inspect it better.  I felt it leaving the shore of it's own will, it was a very short ride, and it stopped on what must have been an island, how large I know not.  There was a large fort or castle, but when I approached the gate a man on the other side barked at me to leave immediately   I felt a strange and powerful magic presence emanating from the place, and I took my leave in the little boat which glided back to the mainland as effortlessly as it had come.  I intend to ask about it tomorrow, although I doubt anyone will know about it, it had a strange aura of mystery to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment