Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Midas, 4:23 PM, 20th of Last Seed

I thought I'd make it to Iron Bind Barrow today.  And honestly if I really pushed myself I probably could.  But I am spent.  Lydia had a chance to prove herself in battle today!  The girl did well.  She took less of a beating than I did, I wasn't aware that she was so skilled in ranged attacks.  What happened is this:  we were attacked by a dragon!  We brought it down in time, and then it was just a simple game of cat and mouse dodging in, getting in a good hit and then darting back out before it's giant jaws snapped shut on us.

And that's not all.  As we continued down the hill after slaying the dragon I sighted another Word Wall like the one I learned the dragon word 'fus' from in Bleak Falls Barrow.  Curious about the word which might be inscribed on it I ventured closer.  There was a coffin by the wall but I paid it little heed.  It was broad daylight out, what sort of crazy undead would awaken under a luminous sun?  I though.  I was wrong.  The coffin opened.  And what followed was the hairiest fight of my life.  I swear he some kind of demi-god, the power that creature wielded!  But Lydia and I prevailed, mainly by kiting him from a distance.  Or one of us would distract him while the other dashed in to land a solid blow.  when he finally succumbed I found a strange and obviously powerful mask in his ashy remains, inscribed withe the single word, 'Krosis'.  It seems very valuable, but after that fight I think I may well keep this mask as a trophy!

We are going to spend the rest of the day and night at Night Gate Inn.  I took several good blows, including a bloody wonder to the head, and feel I should rest at least a day before braving the vile winds again.

No comments:

Post a Comment