Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Sundas, 11:38 AM, 16th of Sun's Dusk


Snuck out Middas night and fed.  So good.  I feel so much more lucid now.  And even the sun when I poked my head out into it didn't seem as bad.  I was planning on returning to my cave for awhile, at least until I worked up the nerve to travel back to Paarthurnax but an incredible twist of fate changed my mind.

I found Lydia.

Or rather, she found me.  On my way back to my cave I was accosted by a fierce blood dragon.  It swooped down out of nowhere, spewing fire from its might jaws.  Of course in my vampiric state even a tiny flame can prove fatal so I immediately dove for cover, intending to snipe at it with my bow from beneath a small overhang.  But the beast was smart.  It dropped to the ground barely 20 feet away from me.  I was cornered.  I shouted.

"FUS ROH DAH!"  The dragon was momentarily stunned, I darted out of my hideout, intending to run to different cover, but it was unnecessary.  Over my head, from above the rocks I'd been hiding under leapt a lithe gleaming figure.  she landed squarely on the dragons might back, close to his neck, and swinging a midnight ebony blade high over her head, Lydia cleanly decapitated the beast.

I am not too proud to say that she easily could have saved my life.  She convinced me to go back to Breeze home with her, apparently she had happened to be there on a mission for the legion and recognized me when I slunk into the city.  I have not told her I am a vampire.  Since I just fed it is in no way apparent.  I just told her I needed to get away, I was hiding out for awhile.

I know she suspects something is ary, but I just got her back, I cannot loose her again.  we've been staying at Breeze home these last few days, I've been sneaking over to the Blacksmiths' to feed at night and then coming back before Lydia notices my absence.

Lydia says she wants to travel with me again.  Apparently the Legion is not as fulfilling as she had hoped.  We'll see.  I fear that if she travels with me she will discover my secret, and once again shun me.  We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment