Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Morndas, 9:30 PM, 13th of Frostfall


I went and saw the grey beards finally.  Odd bunch, hiding away in seclusion on top of a mountain like that. (very hard to get to btw!)  Claiming that they are so ridiculously powerful.  They did teach me some new shouts however, so in that regard it was useful.  They sent me to retrieve the horn of Jurgen Windcaller as a sort of "initiation test" I guess, as if I need to be tested.  I went anyways though, as they were persistent.  when I got to the spot where the horn should have been however there was only a mysterious note signed "a friend" and no horn.  I did a little research and traced the note to Riverwood.  Back where I first entered Skyrim.  The innkeeper, Delphine claims to be a member of the blades, and that she's been looking for a purpose for her life and now she has one: me!  Ok, so that's not exactly what she said, but she was so long winded, and I'm so not interested in her wretched history.  If she would have talked more about the history of the Blades or the Thalmor she could have easily piqued my interest, but no.  All she wanted to say was how everything from oblivion and back was out to get her...bla bla bla.

She wants my help in stopping the dragons.  I agree the dragons need to be stopped and since she gave my Jurgen Windcaller's horn back I agreed to help her.  We set off immediately to a dragon burial sight and were just in time to observe the huge black dragon from Helgen resurrect another dragon from the burial sight.  As the mighty dragon spoke the muscles, ligaments tissues and scales bound them selves onto the awakened skeletal dragon.  Of course Delphine and I immediately dispatched the disoriented awakened dragon.  The big black one flew off immediately after resurrecting the other.

Apparently I'm the only one who can really kill a dragon.  And this is because I am capable of absorbing their soul when it dies.  Other ppl can kill them as well but they just go into some sort of sleep/hibernation, and can be resurrected obviously as this one was.  So does this mean it is my mission to re-kill every dragon?  I hope not.  That sounds like a bloody awful task, one that would probably end in my inevitable death.

Delphine wants me to stay and help her more, I'm going to go return the horn to the grey-beards, and then I probably will, I'm just as interested as she is now in discovering what's going on and why the dragon's are being resurrected.

No comments:

Post a Comment