Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Morndas, 9:33 AM, 24th of Sun's Dusk

I traveled to Riften on a random errand the other day, leaving Lydia at Breeze home.  At least for now.  On my way to Riften I traveled up to Paarthurnax's summit.  I used the Elder Scroll and I learned the shout.  It was an amazing experience.  It was as if my mind and soul were transported back to that very day and I was seeing through the eyes of a disengaged onlooker.  It was a beautiful experience.  I saw Alduin defeated.

And then I did it again.  Alduin was somehow summoned, or was already nearby when I returned to my native reality.  I used the Dragon Rend shout on him to bring him to the earth.  Thankfully I had stocked up on resist fire potions before the battle or I would have died.  But I also had Paarthurnax's aid and he proved a powerful ally.

Unfortunately Alduin didn't stick around long enough for us to completely defeat him, instead when he saw that defeat was imminent he took to the air and fled like the coward he is.  I know not where I go from here.  I must find some way of tracking down Alduin and killing him for good, only then will the dragon crisis and the impending doom of the world by avoided.  However for now I believe that I have at least put events at a temporary standstill.  Alduin will have to regain his strength before he can continue resurrecting dragons.  I have some time.

That's why I am at the thieves guild.  I actually didn't intend to hook up with them when I first entered Riften, but I randomly encountered one of their number, a certain Brynjolf (a very attractive man I might add).  He paid me well to do naught but plant a stolen ring on a certain merchant at the market square.  I like gold.  And I like the fact that the thieves guild base is underground away from the wretched sunlight.

Yesterday I burned down Golden Glow estate (accidentally the whole thing) for the Thieves guild.  I'm not sure why, some kind of power play I think between Maven Black Briar and the world.  I got yelled at for bring the whole place to the ground, but what was I supposed to do?!  There were guards everywhere!  The moment that I shouted "YOL!" they began to swarm towards me.  So I grabbed my sword and sliced through the base support of the hive I had just set ablaze.  I then gave it a solid kick, sending it tumbling, domino style into the hives adjacent to it.  I didn't look back after that.  I simply charged to the edge of the estate, with a mighty straining leap I cleared the rock surrounding the small island and dove into the cool lake water.

Today I am heading to Honningbrew Meadery to poison the vats before the tasting ceremony with the guard captain.  Fun, Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment