Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Tirdas, 9:00 PM, 19th of Last Seed

Made it to Jarl Baalgruuf's keep today (or however the hell you spell his name...I may be a Nord but I was raised in southern Cyrodiil).  His bodyguard accosted me on the way in, but she turned out to be a fairly decent woman.  The Jarl sent us to the Western Watchtower almost immediately to clear out what we thought was the dragon that attacked Helgen. His court wizard also relieved me of that Dragon Tablet I'd been carrying, so I'm glad I copied the ruins down.

When we arrived at the watchtower it was immediately obvious to me that this was not the same dragon which assaulted us at Helgen.  It was much smaller and less powerful.  We brought it down fairly quickly.  but now here's the weird part.  As the dragon exhaled for the last time this hot current of --energy? --life force?  began to rip away from the body--and come towards me!  I admit I may have flinched, cowered back at first as the hot ripples of power surrounded me, but as this energy continued to surround it also began to penetrate, at least I swear that's what it felt like.  It entered me.  I stood tall then and grew more confident, it was an amazing feeling of power.  I don't know how to describe it.  It was as if all the memories, all the victories, all the soul of the fallen dragon were transferred to me.  Of course the guard were all in an uproar about it, calling me the mythical 'dragon-born' but I'm a Nord, in no way a descendant to the Septims.  Erelith, the Jarl's bodyguard agreed with me I believe, although she did try to evade the subject.  She finally said she assumed it was just because I landed the last blow in the dragon, it could have been any one of us.  But she also mentioned that if I really wanted to learn more I could go to the grey beards.  I don't know about that though.  Perhaps.  On a side not the Jarl declared me his Thane and gave me a housecarl named Lydia.  She's sweet and young and I have yet to see how she handles a sword.

On my way back into Whiterun I heard a might voice like thunder rip across the skies.  "DOVAKIIN!"  Are they grey beards summoning me?  Do they presume that I am their wretched puppet because I assisted a group of six guards and the Jarl's personal bodyguard in bringing down a dragon?

No comments:

Post a Comment