Pages


Monday, April 16, 2012

Sundas, 7:42 PM, 31st of Last Seed

After retrieving Nettlebane I took the dagger to the cave/place of worship to gather sap from the Eldergleam tree so that my little priestess could heal her tree in Whiterun.  The tree was actually located in a shady grove/overhand.  There were several worshipers and a priestess of Kynereth there.  The priestess begged me not to use Nettlebane on the Eldergleam tree, foretelling some sort of dire consequences if I did, but I saw no other alternative.  I never even had to hit the tree, it's massive roots seemed to recoil in pure fear of the dagger. I wonder why?  After collecting the sap in a small vial, things went South quickly.  A small army of Spriggans ambushed us.  I swear that they had some kind of supernatural force too.  They broke my sturdy silver sword! If not for that I may have been able to save Kynereth's followers, but armed with only a steel dagger, even between Lydia and I we were unable to save any of them.  In fact we barely got out alive ourselves.

I have spent the last few days running odd jobs and selling off my loot to that I can afford a new sword.  The Jarl's steward informed me last time I was at the palace that as a Thane of Whiterun I can now purchase property in the city.  I will have to think about that.  Although I like the Bannered Mare, and it certainly is in my budget, it would be nice to have a place where I can keep certain things, this dagger named Nettlebane for one.  I may have to hack a few more bandit necks in order to afford a house though, property costs are ridiculous around here.

Just today I actually forged my new sword.  I'm calling it Gugnir, and look forward to trying it out, it's balanced excellently, and the silver coated blade is sharp and beautifully made.  I'm very proud of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment