Pages


Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fredas, 4:11 AM, 26th of Evening Star

Resting at High Hrothgar today.  I've never actually slept here before, this place has a surreal aura about it.  The hooded grey men silently walking the halls, they make not a noise as they step, the only sound is the wind whistling around the stony walls and parapets of the fortress.

Despite the fact that I believe I have proven my prowess and indeed power to them they still refuse to speak to me, while all save Arngier, he seems to think that they would obliterate me if the were to speak.  I would like to see what he means by that, I find it hard to believe that I can knock Alduin out of the sky with my Thu'um and yet a gnarled old man could destroy my very soul with a simple 'Top of the morning to you!'  Perhaps someday I will force a word out of one of them, right now that is not my most pressing mission.

I spoke to Arngeir about hosting a peace counsel between Ulfric Stormcloak and General Tulius.  Of course he didn't want to, he tried to weasel out of it by saying the Grey Beards do not involve themselves in the affairs of mere mortals...or something along those lines.  but I patiently reminded him that I was the Dragonborn and that Paarthurnax himself had come up with the idea, and he eventually caved.  Leaving it to me of course to inform the warring sides that they had been summoned by the Grey Beards.

I do not look forward to speaking to either side in this conflict.  I have long debated with myself which side I support, but have been unable to come to a conclusion.  Living the majority of my life outside of Skyrim thus far has rendered me somewhat numb to the calls of the Stormcloaks, as well as the fact that I have never been overly religious, so the banning of Talos worship has little effect on me.   Of course I do admire what happened with Talos, the whole story of his heroism is one for the ages, yet I have no interest in worshiping him!  But I do respect the fact that others should be able to worship as they see fit, and Talos worship in my opinion has never hurt anyone.  I don't know, I just don't have the energy to get involved right now.  I would probably side with the empire just because they have resources that Skyrim desperately needs, and I don't think that they have mistreated the land, despite what Ulfric would have us believe.  But then there are those damned Thalmor!  Why must the Empire side with them!  The Thalmor are one of the main reasons that I have not cast in my lot with Tulius.  If I could I would send everyone of their damned self-righteous Elven souls to Oblivion!  Yes, I understand they are powerful, and the empire needs all the help it can get right now...but still!  Damned Thalmor...

I intend to leave at dusk for Solitude, and from there speak to Ulfrik on my way back to High Hrothgar.  We'll see if things actually go as planned for once.  Perhaps I'll stop in Riverwood and inform Delphine of my progress, I'm sure she's anxious to know what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment