Pages


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tirdas, 11:33 PM, 25th of Sun's Dusk

Traveled to Solitude today to confront Gulum-Ei.  He proved to be a tricky little Argonian.  he acted as if he knew nothing at first, but then I managed to persuade him to tell me he did act as a go-between for the purchase of Honningbrew.  he said he knew nothing about the purchaser, merely that she was a female.  I didn't buy his feigned niaveness.  I shadowed him out of Solitude and into the East Empire Trading Company Warehouse.  I was perplexed at first, wondering what he might be doing there, but it all became clear, as he led me to a partially submerged entrance to a grotto underneath the shipping company where the lizard apparently is trying to set up his own gang without the thieves guild's knowledge.

This time when I confronted him he was much more talkative, I would assume it was mainly due to the fact that he was surrounded by the bodies of what used to be his gang.  I made short work of them!  Gulum-Ei said that the buyer of Honningbrew was a certain Dark Elf by the name of Karliah.  Apparently she is responsible for the death of the previous leader of the thieves guild, Gallus, and now she's going after Mercer Frey.  I wonder what  it is that she has against the thieves guild.  I need to get back to Brynjolf to tell him the news.  I need to feed first however, I feel my powers growing ever stronger as I hunger.  However my rational judgment continues to leave me the hungrier I get.  I am in no hurry to become a mindless overpowered wandering stalker of the night.

On my way back into Solitude after dealing with Gulum-Ei I was accosted by a poor farmer leading a scrappy hound behind him into town.  He said that he was taking the dog to market to sell him as he had no money left to feed his family.  He offered to sell me the dog for 25 gold pieces.  I gave the poor man 100 gold plus a bottle of Black Briar that I had been intending on drinking tonight.  He looked like he needed it more than me.  The man said that the dog's name is Vigilance, and that despite his small stature he was an excellent fighter.  We'll see.  He needs a bath something fierce, that much is sure.  Perhaps tonight on our way back I'll take him through some river and streams.  Although I am considering just taking a carriage, I want to get back to Brynjolf as quickly as possible.  it's not so much that I'm concerned about the fate of Frey, he strikes me as being an arrogant asshole, but I know that Brynjolf is fiercely loyal to Frey, and I am concerned about Brynjolf's fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment